Friday, November 30, 2007

Last day of work musings...

Is it really the end of November?? This day seems like a dream. My last day of work. Is it really possible that I'm doing this?? It seems like someone else's life - will I really have a baby in my arms in a month?

There are two things I will really miss about working. Not the things I would have expected.

1. Yoga at lunch. Man I love that class. I just feel like everything is in perspective again when I come out of the class. I've never felt that way about other yoga classes, which is probably why I keep dropping out of them. I am hoping to join the local Ashtanga class that a friend of mine teaches near where we live once baby is born and I am back on my feet again. That hard part there is finding someone to take the kids for a couple of hours to do it.

2. The dayhome. Yes, I hate dropping A. off in the mornings, and miss her all day, but that place has been so good for her. It's like a second family that we're loosing. How am I ever going to replace the care she's gotten there? I'm afraid my craft ideas will run out after 4 days, and I won't have the energy and enthusiasm to take her to the park everyday. Will she be bored and lonely?? I hope not. Will I be bored and lonely?

But life goes on. This is the start of a new chapter. I suck at turning pages, though. Be gentle, world.

No comments: