Thursday, November 1, 2007

Learned a valuable lesson last night

I guess I just had to try it and see.
It was probably the stupidist thing I've done in a long time. Right up there with mentioning that cord prolapse is at least as likely as uterine rupture....

Now, Don't ask for details, please. You won't like it. I just finished answering that question to a co-worker and I'm sure he's hiding somewhere now trying to forget. I'm warning you ahead of time.

Yes, it is confirmed, once again, I should not eat wheat. Reaaly, reaaly shouldn't eat wheat.
The buns were the carrier for the garlic butter, which I should have just eaten straight. I lost count how many I stuffed into my greedy, needy gullet.
And then had 2 more before bed. Because Pregnant People can justify eating ANYTHING.

Yes, I've learned my lesson. And now that I'm all cleaned out I'm turning over a new leaf. Well, ok, because I'm on not so good of terms with my stomach today, and it won't hold anything but the most pristine of foods, I'm NOT ABLE to eat anything gross. So, yes, it's the day after Halloween and no more sugar (on the midwife's suggestion), wheat (duh), other artificial stuff. For a while anyway.

I've been pretty good so far, having eaten 2 bananas, 2 cups of tea (one ginger and one peppermint, both of which are supposed to be good for irritated stomachs), and a handful of nuts. I'm sure I'll need something more sustaining soon.

Yes, I learned my lesson. I think it's proven beyond any doubt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have any idea what happened to you, but you have all my sympathy.

You poor thing. No sugar??? Oh, the humanity.

tired of smiling said...

Oh, it really isn't as bad as all that (the sugar thing anyway). I think the midwife was suggesting "moderation" with the sugar. Tell that to my very pregnant, demanding body.

It didn't last anyway, with the drama in the comments on my October 10th posting that came up today, I ran to the kitchen and scarfed an untold amount of mini chocolate bars, hoping to "make it all better".

Some days suck.