Wednesday, November 7, 2007

That's MY story, and I'm sticking to it.

What is it with people asking how you're doing?
I don't really want to say.
I've been in a really weird headspace lately, and haven't quite figured out how I'm doing exactly.
I don't really want to talk about it, either.
But people keep asking, so I have to come up with something - usually I just distract them with a funny anecdote, and go from there.

Today's distracting anecdote:

It's roughly midnight and Dearly Beloved and I are nestled snugly in bed, as visions of sugarplums dance in our heads, when suddenly he wakes me up with a start, yelling "Get on the Floor!". So I dive over him, onto the floor. Something with feet jumps through the window, onto my head, and out the bedroom door.
We were both freaked! Me because I thought we were being attacked by monsters, and him, no doubt, at being awakened by a delirious, hugely pregnant person launching herself wildly over him and onto the floor.
Ya, so, that's MY story, and I'm sticking to it.
Sorry to have woken you up, dear, and I didn't mean to steal your blanket as I took cover. I hope you got back to sleep afterwards, I know I didn't.

No comments: