Thursday, October 25, 2007

lost perspective

I feel like I've completely lost perspective.
I am trying to make sense of what happened at the appointment yesterday, but I just can't sum it up in a single sentence.

So, basically, here's the situation:
DH is asking questions about all sorts of scenarios. Good for him.
The midwife is trying to keep us from crossing "the stupid line", giving information and trying not to get sued.
I am the big ol' protective mama bear saying don't you dare try to interfere in any way. I know I need to start to trust her, but she is a little more conservative than I am (plus she doesn't mind hospitals, which raises suspicion right away), and I just seem to get all defensive. There has got to be a balance between trusting your midwife and being an informed medical consumer.

I'm not sure at all what's going on and am feeling a little (lot) lost.

I wish I had something more coherent to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've had a visitor. Lovesea from mdc aka Siobhan