Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So simple, yet obviously impossible

There's nothing I hate more than bra straps that fall down. Ok, maybe a couple of things...but this I deal with on a daily basis. It makes you awkward and ungraceful as you try to hitch them back up with nobody noticing. What is it with bra designers that they don't think about the straps falling down?? It's one of the basic functions of the thing, don't you think? Now, I don't think I have overly sloping or narrow shoulders, so what's the deal?? Am I the only one with this problem??

Perhaps it's because I'm not a size zero supermodel. That's usually the problem when clothes don't fit or look right - they were designed for the 1% of the population with tall, skinny little bodies and perfect teeth. Really, there is a good chance that this is what's really going on here. But I'm not the only one who's not size zero; I guess it's just not glamorous to design clothes for actual, real life people.

I know this is a silly thing to complain about given all the problems in the world, but how many times in a day do I find myself hiking those stupid little straps up?? All they would have to do is sew the straps closer to the center of the back and voila, problem solved. It just seems so simple, yet obviously impossible.

I can't believe I spent a whole post on that. I'm tired of smiling about it.

No comments: